TikTok is the international version of Douyin that was released in the Chinese market inSeptember
2016. Launched in 2017 for Android and iOS both in majority of the markets outside of mainland
China; however, it only became available globally after merging with another Chinese social
media service, Musical.ly, on August 2, 2018.
TikTok and Douyin have almost the same user interface, but they cannot access each other's content. Each of their servers resides in the market where the respective application is available. Both products are similar, but their features are not identical. Douyin includes a video search feature that can search by people's faces for other videos with them, and features such as shopping, hotel reservations, and geotagged review creation.
Since their launch, TikTok and Douyin have quickly gained popularity worldwide. In October 2020 TikTok crossed 2 billion mobile downloads globally. Morning Consult named TikTok the third fastest growing brand of 2020, behind Zoom and Peacock. Cloudflare has ranked TikTok as the most popular website of 2021, surpassing Google.
One billion active users in 154 countries make TikTok one of the most popular social media platforms as of 2022.
● TikTok (finally) begins rolling out TikTok Shop
● TikTok is set to launch under the Games tab
● TikTok finally launches TikTok Pulse, ad revenue sharing for top creators
● A new set of TikTok profiles allows creators to upload up to six videos to Linktree
● TikTok users can now downvote comments
● TikTok video descriptions can now be up to 2,200 characters’ long
● TikTok works with NCSolutions to help advertisers measure results
● videos are easy to reuse.
● filters are amazing.
● editors are a cut above the rest.
● helps you promote causes.
● keeps reinventing itself.
● offers opportunities for increased organic growth.
● is educational.
● helps marketers.
● helps shoppers.
TikTok is also moving to go global in 2022. There's no sign of him stopping anytime soon. As a
business, you should take your brand to TikTok if you haven't already.
Now that you know a little more about the TikTok app and who uses it, you can decide to test it for your business. The next thing you want to do is understand exactly what you want your brand to get out of the platform.
● Increase brand/store awareness
● Educate your target audience
● Increase website clicks
● Increase leads and leads
● Targeting future clients or customers
● Increase in conversions
● Increase audience engagement
● Engage with potential employees
If you choose to use TikTok for business, there's even an option to design a branded challenge and invite popular creators on the app to participate. If it goes viral then it will create even more publicity for your business as more people will share it and it will become popular with the masses.
● In-feed ads are displayed on the ‘for you’ user page. For example, with in-feed ads; Tiktok
advertisers can use these ads to increase conversions by adding CTAs to videos.
● Top View ads are TikTok's main product offering for businesses. These video ads are shown once a day as soon as the user launches the app. They can last up to 60 secondsand are perfect for businesses that need more time to showcase their product.
● Hashtag challenges allow businesses to invite the user community to create content for a specific TikTok challenge. Hashtag challenges run for 6 days and have exclusive access to the hashtag unlike any other social network.
● Brand takeover ads give your business a strong visual impact. Advertisers can use a GIF or 3-5 second video for advertising as well as a static display. Along with a link to your company's website.
● Branded effect ads allow businesses to use AR (augmented reality) along with 2D or 3D effects to add images of their products to their videos. These branding effects have been shown to generally increase user engagement.
MA Tech Solutions BPO is providing back office solutions that are cost-effective and business friendly. So that every business could excel and reach its maximum potential.